Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Big Thank YOU !

Guess what? Today is my birthday! No kidding! So, I thought today would be a good day to thank all of you, dear readers, for being so faithful to Disney and more. Some of you have been faithful readers since the beginning of Disney and more in April 2007, some discovered the site just weeks ago with the great D23 Expo special reports, but it seems that everyone is enjoying the site.

Since opening day, my only goal was a very simple one: just try to do a really good website, something as close as possible to what an ideal Disney fan web site should be. My principle for the daily choice of topics is simple: it must be interesting and/or beautiful. I think I've said it before, but it's the truth: I don't do Disney and more for money. It's a quest of ideal and a love for beauty. I'm not even running after the scoops - I have many scoops you will never hear about because I'm more responsible than some people may think - some secrets must remain secret!

Anyway, Disney and more is more popular than ever, with between 3800 and 4500 visits each day. This month was great, as during all the D23 Expo special reports, D&M had over 5000 visitors each day with a peak at almost 7000. Many of you who didn't know Disney and more discovered it during these reports and apparently fell in love with it.

Below is the Site Meter report of the last 12 months. Last September Disney and more had 41,018 visitors. One year later nearly 110,000 visitors have come to the site this September, and counting, as the month is not yet over. That's an increase of 270% and it's not bad at all, considering that I don't do publicity anywhere, except on three forums.



This next report shows the number of visitors AND the number of "page views by month." In Sept '08 the number of page views was 78,884, and one year later it's 189,963 that were viewed during this month of September.



In both pictures you will note a little fall in December '08 and June '09. The reason is simple: I was in vacation each time for three weeks, with no new daily articles. But even with no new articles each day, the number of visits, or page views, remained high. A little fall, too, in August '09, but this time it's because YOU were on vacation!

I also added many new features this year: a new layout for Disney and more, two new sections with simple but elegant designs: Disney and more Artwork and Disney and more Movies, where you can find gorgeous artwork or watch great videos, a new English forum on Mice Chat, and even a way to customize your web browser toolbar with a Disneyland style!

And because I know that my Achilles' heel is my written English, as of last week many of the articles have been edited by Nate Walz, another fan of Disney and more who kindly volunteered to do it for me.

Since April 2007 you were more than 1,275,000 who came to Disney and more. For this and your very kind daily support, I thank you - as the late and great Sammy Davis Jr. would have said - "from the bottom of my heart."


Many thanks to Nate Walz for the text editing.

21 comments:

A. Muenzberg said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Alain!

and thank you for this wonderful blog. Keep going!

This is my first lecture of the day and the one and only BLOG I read every day ...

all the best

Alex

Alex said...

Hi Alain,

Happy Birthday!

Thank for this great blog. It's the best source for Disneyland Paris News and other Disney News from around the world.

I'm still hoping, that you and Didier will write a book about the studios.

Cheers
Alex

Linus from Singapore said...

Happy Birthday, Alain

You have a great Disney Blog, keep up the good work!

Matt said...

Amazing work on the site, Alain.

And Happy Birthday!

Giacomo said...

I can only say thank you and happy birthday to a person that I have always wished to meet.
I'll continue to visit your blog and read your words everyday.

I really love your work and competences.
Thank You

Gilad said...

Mazal tov and happy birthday, Alain!
My achilles' heel is also my written emglish :) but I enjoy reading your blog and write my talk-backs.
For another great year!

Thedeejay said...

Happy Birthday!

Thank you for your fabulous blog!

Hope it will continue forever...

Disnely;

T.

Xedex said...

Happy B-day!
I always enjoy reading your articles and seeing all the wonderfull concept art you have!

~Dex

Bob said...

Happiest of Birthdays! Great site, enjoy it so much!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birhtday, Alain! Your English is good, don't let them tell you otherwise. As long as we can understand each other, it is not neccesary to write perfect English. I visit your blog every day, never stops to amaze when you come up with yet another great article and pictures. We all love Disney!

Robert/Cologne said...

Happy Birthday,
I was there from the beginning and wont stop now.
This is the best there is and you have given us the best book there is about DLP,what more could we ask for.
Thank You and have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Had to share this, LOL, Family Guy goes Disney!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/98264 LOL

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Alain.
Thank you to bring us our daily dose of good mood with that source of Disney and DLRP news.

Keep giving us that little whistle...

Fred

JOSELO said...

FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS ALAIN!

Hope you have an amazing birthday!

Thank you very much for your wonderful reports and all the work you put into keeping your blog so entertaining and informative for all disney fans around the world!

It is truly one of my favorite parts of my day to check on your site and see what surprise you have for us!

Thank you very much from Mexicali, Mexico.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday :)
Your blog is amazing, I love it so much.

Sil said...

Happy Birthday, tomorrow it's my time :P

Great Blog!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

From a daily reader

Anonymous said...

I really love to read your blog every day!

Keep up the good work.... and happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

"Bon anniversaire" Alain and thank you for your wonderfull blog!
Long live to your blog! :)

Al Ventureland

AJ said...

A very happy birthday to you. Yours is truly one of the best Disney blogs out there, and I'm a huge fan of the "spin-off" blogs (especially Disney and More Movies) as well. Thank you for such great information, photos, and entertainment.

sea_bass said...

Hey Alain,

Keep up the momentum! Really enjoy the blog!

-Henry

TouringPlans.com